£25,000 - £30,000
Full time / Locum
We are recruiting for an OOH Registered Veterinary Nurse to join an independent practice in Brighton on a fixed term maternity contract. The role will be an average of 36 hours per week and a weekend rota of 2:5. Working hours are shifts between the hours of 4pm and 12am. There are also two daytime shifts every Tuesday and Wednesday 8am - 6pm. The practice would also consider part time applications.
About the role:
The role will involve assisting the veterinary surgeon with emergencies and providing ongoing care for inpatients and referral cases. They are looking for an enthusiastic veterinary nurse with previous experience in emergency and critical care. They will work to a high standard of clinical care. Emergency work can be very busy and demanding so it is vital that the nurse also has excellent communication skills. There is a close-knit team so the nurse must be able to work well within a group.
- Type: Small
- Hours: Monday - Friday 36 Hours per week hours between 4pm and 12am
- Weekends: 2:5 rota
- Sole charge: Some but with a veterinary surgeon
- OOH: Yes
- Team: Large Multi Vet and RVN Team
- Practice/team: Practice consists of a large team of multi vets and nurses, SVNS and supporting staff who both cover days and nights.
- Branch: None
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
This is an independent RCVS accredited practice with a group of friendly and highly experienced staff members. They deliver a high standard of clinical care with a high range of diagnostics available to accommodate. They do not return any patients to member practice until they are full ready to become outpatients. They see a large interesting caseload and the RVN would be exposed to a wide range of state-of-the-art equipment including CT, laparoscopy and in-house blood machines. The practice handles onsite referrals for cardiorespiratory medicine and imaging and also has visiting specialists.
- 24-hour hospital care and facilities including x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy, ECG, fluid therapy and blood sampling, on-site laboratory.
- The hospital has a modern, well-equipped operating theatre available for procedures where the utmost cleanliness is needed.
- Non-surgical Procedure Room
- Kennel and Cattery
- Isolation Ward
- You will be competent in all areas of general nursing
- You will be a motivated and caring individual
- You will enjoy working as part of a team
- You will have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will consistently deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be caring, adaptable, hardworking and reliable
- You will have excellent communication and customer interfacing skills
- 25,000 - 30,000 pro rata
- CPD allowance 750 plus 15hrs paid to complete
- Holidays 5-6 weeks holiday per year
- Paid professional memberships
- Onsite free parking
- VDS and RCVS Paid
- Discount for staff pets
- Staff discount scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 6 months post graduate experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.