We are recruiting on behalf of an independent small animal practice who require a Permanent Small Animal Vet to join their team on a full-time basis. This is an independent state of the art small animal hospital which is in a rural Village on the outskirts of Chelmsford Essex. This is a modern 24hr animal hospital boasting state of the art diagnostic facilities and surgical services. They are established with a large loyal client base along with an excellent local reputation.
The role will be based primarily at the main hospital however there will also be some work within two branch surgeries close by.
This is a full-time role working 4 days per week with a 2:8 weekend rota. There is also a 1:8 weekends and 1:2 weeks weeknight emergency ooh rota. They provide an OOH bonus.
They are looking for a Vet who has a good level of experience and capable at all routine surgeries and consultations but someone who is looking to develop in an area of specialism. All the clinicians within the practice are encouraged to take ownership of their own cases however the skills within the team and areas of special interest mean that cases can be referred in house easily.
The Vet will have a strong client focus with excellent communication skills and a friendly and approachable attitude. They will be a team player, passionate and motivated.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weekends: 2:8 weekends
- OOH: 1:8 full weekends & 1 weeknight in 2 weeks on call
- Sole Charge: No
- Team: Large Veterinary Team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large independent small animal hospital
- Large highly experienced team including certificate holding Vets
- Supportive and friendly practice - provides training and mentoring
- Offers opportunity to pursue area of specialism
- Offers an excellent work / life balance
- Offers career progression with support and funding in further education
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- Provides state of the art equipment
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Focused on proactive healthcare and educating clients on pet health
- Friendly and motivated team in place
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will be competent in routine surgeries - dependent on experience support available
- You will be motivated and ambitious to develop an area of specialism
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- You will be ambitious to develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will enjoy working within a busy practice with a wide variety of cases
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Dental X-Ray
- Dental Suite
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation unit
- In House Laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary - 44,000 - 55,000 commensurate to experience
- CPD Generous allowance
- Generous annual leave allowance inclusive of bank holidays
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7702
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.