£45,000 - £75,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for two Permanent Small Animal Veterinary Surgeons to join an independent practice in Oldbury Birmingham.
This are full time positions working 40 hours per week with an ooh rota that includes some weekends and bank holidays. This is a shared rota with the rest of the vets in the team. Out of hours are paid in addition to the salary and per call out.
This is an independent clinic which is built to the highest spec with state-of-the-art facilities and service. It performs a wide range of complex surgeries including soft tissue and orthopaedic. It is a firs opinion practice.
About the role
The position involves performing first opinion small animal work which comprises of consultations and diagnostics, investigations, patient care and surgical procedures. The veterinary surgeon must have a good level of small animal experience and be able to perform basic soft tissue surgery such as spays and castrations. The surgeon will be able to manage their own clinical cases through to the end whilst working in a hospital environment with state-of-the-art diagnostic and surgical equipment including a full in-house Laboratory which is open 24hrs. The surgeon must have excellent communication skills and be able to build strong working relationships with clients and fellow members of the team. They will be working as part of a veterinary team of 5 along with an experienced clinical nurse team and supporting staff.
The practice offers ongoing support with areas of special interest and the team have regular discussions about cases and they all share best practice with each other.
General duties would include:
Clinic and surgical work reporting to the Head Veterinary surgeon
Maintain accurate clinical records
Be a part of the OOH rota which is also supported by the permanent night staff
Continue and maintain professional development
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 40 hours per week
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- OOH: Yes on a shared rota
- Sole Charge: None
- Team: 5 Vet
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Independent practice
- Surgical Bias practice - soft palate, stenotic nares correction, caesarean sections, lumpectomy, prolapse of the third eye gland, spays, castrations, surgical oncology etc
- Sees a wide range of cases particularly Ortho related concerns, Optholmology, Dermatology and Gastrointestinal
- Offers extensive veterinary services and facilities
- Comprises of a highly skilled veterinary team with various expertise and areas of special interest.
- Offers career progression with support
- State of the art equipment
- Opportunity to develop surgical skills
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Supportive friendly team - family environment
- Has an onsite 24 hr Laboratory
- Offers the veterinary surgeon to manage own clinical cases within an Hospital environment with state-of-the-art diagnostic facilities.
- Accommodation available for a relocation
- You will have solid small animal experience
- You will be able to perform routine soft tissue surgeries confidently
- If you are confident in soft tissue surgeries, you will be ambitious to become confident in orthopaedic surgeries
- You will be happy to be a part of the ooh rota
- You will be an enthusiastic and passionate veterinary surgeon
- You will be able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with both clients and fellow members of the team
- You will be passionate and enthusiastic and willing to mentor and support fellow colleagues and students and new graduates. If required
- You will be a forward-thinking veterinary surgeon
- You will be committed to delivering a high standard of clinical care
- A UK driving license is an advantage but not essential
Facilities and services:
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Radiology and diagnostic imaging
- Digital X-Ray
- Blood pressure monitoring
- In House Laboratory
- Hospitalisation & OOH Emergency care
- Orthopaedic surgeries including hip dysplasia, cruciate ligament tears, luxating patellas
- Extensive soft tissue and neurosurgery
- Salary 45,000 - 75,000 pro rata
- 4 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD Generous allowance and time off to attend
- Certificates encourage and supported
- Commission structure for out of hours work
- Accommodation available for a relocation
- Uniform Provided
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7506
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.