£37,000 - £65,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting on behalf of a large animal Hospital in Jersey for an Equine and Small animal Vet and a Small Animal Vet to join them. This large practice boasts three sites and is fully equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostics including CT, Hydrotherapy facilities, orthopaedic equipment, arthroscopy, laparoscopy and lots more! The Vets would be joining a team of 18 other Vets and with the level of support available these roles would also suit newly graduated surgeons or experienced Surgeons.
Whilst the roles are for a Small Animal Vet and a Small & Equine Vet there is some Farm work available for those who would like some. The role is full time with a weekend rota. There is also a requirement or 1 week of nights every 10 weeks and this is followed by a 4-day week. The Small animal practice side of things is well established, and the Equine practice is continuing to grow and expand which is why they are now in need of an additional Vet.
Located on the island of Jersey this role offers and excellent way of life. All three sites are close by and with working across all branches the Vet gets to take in the lovely journey by the ocean. There is a large presence of Water sports on the island, fishing, coastal walks along with long sandy beaches. Salary is reflected on the cost of living on the island.
- Type: Small Animal & Small & Equine Vets
- Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- OOH: 1 week of night duty in 10 required followed by 4-day weekend
- Sole Charge: None
- Team: Large highly experienced Team of Vets and Nurses
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large Mixed Animal Hospital
- Fully equipped to treat Equine, Farm, Small and Exotic animals
- Training practice
- Large highly experienced team - wide level of experience and knowledge
- Dedicated Emergency Vets & Farm and Horse Vets
- Highly experienced supportive team
- Dedicated night-time for in patients
- 15 Minute consultations
- Their ethos is providing a happy and welcoming environment to work in and providing a high standard of clinical care to all patients and a high level of customer service to clients
- State of the Art diagnostic and surgical equipment
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting and varied case load
- Career development opportunity to expand clinical skills and knowledge
- Support available within the role - can offer the position to various levels of experience
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will have a passion for small animal and Equine cases.
- You will be competent in routine surgeries - dependent on experience support available for new graduates
- You will be motivated and ambitious to develop an area of specialism
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and enjoy establishing and building your own client base
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- You will be ambitious to develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will enjoy working within a busy practice with a wide variety of cases
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Orthopaedic facilities
- Digital X-Ray
- Dental X-Ray
- Dental Suite
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation unit
- In House Laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary - 37,000 - 65,000 commensurate to experience
- CPD Generous allowance 5 days
- 5 weeks holiday allowance
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.