£35,000 - £52,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a friendly, family owned, independent Practice set in the heart of Worcester.
You will be joining a highly skilled, friendly team including a senior Vet with over twenty years' experience in veterinary science and an extremely competent, qualified nursing team.
Hours of work are expected to be no more than 37.5 hours per week and accommodation above the main Practice can be made available within the overall employment package. A Saturday morning will be required on a 1:3 rota. This is a small animal first opinion practice located on the outskirts of Coventry in Warwickshire.
The practice is looking for a forward-thinking Veterinary Surgeon and someone who is ambitious to help drive the practice forward. They must be a competent surgeon who has excellent client facing skills and able to work well as part of a team.
Our client has trained many Veterinary Nurses over the years and is an accredited Veterinary Nurse Training Practice, certified by Warwickshire College Group and firmly encourages and supports further training and CPD. They will offer full financial support in whatever direction you wish your career to go in.
- Established forward-thinking Practice
- Supportive and friendly
- Offers an excellent work / life balance
- Comprises of a team of highly experienced surgeons
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- Provides state of the art equipment
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Focused on proactive healthcare and educating clients on pet health
- Friendly and motivated team in place
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- Team: Lots of RVNs with varying interests, nurse training practice, and SQP-qualified receptionists
The role will require a highly motivated character with a passion for animal welfare and client satisfaction, working to a high level of care. An appropriate induction will be used to help the successful applicant take over the new role.
- The successful candidate must be fluent in English and able to take sole charge, working alongside a qualified nurse.
- You will be competent in routine surgeries
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
Our client offers first opinion consultations, in house laboratory testing, soft tissue and orthopaedic work, a range of modern diagnostic and medical techniques, and are keen to evaluate and explore the latest innovations in veterinary medicine.
The practice is fully equipped with a range of equipment enabling them to offer a wide variety of veterinary services and facilities including:
- First Opinion consulting and call outs to small animal and equine clients.
- Overnight monitoring for hospitalised patients available on site at our practice.
- Full range of surgical procedures - including general soft tissue, dental, orthopaedic, ophthalmic and cryosurgery.
- Range of anaesthesia with top of the range monitoring equipment to suit standard and non-standard patients.
- In house laboratory for complete biochemistry and haematology blood profiles, urinalysis, microscopy, cytology, parasitology and microbiology.
- Digital x-ray machine and ultrasound scanner for small animal and equine diagnostic work.
- Titre testing - Checking whether your dog needs their full yearly booster.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG) equipment.
- Nurse clinics available.
- Salary range of 35,000 - 52,000 commensurate with experience, pro rata
- CPD allowance
- 4 weeks annual leave + bank holidays
- Certificates funded and supported
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 6587
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.