£40,000 to £60,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Woking, Surrey
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon?
- Are you looking to join an established small animal practice in Surrey?
- Do you prefer consultations but still want to do some surgery?
Are you looking for...
- A great salary of up to £60,000?
- No OOH work?
- A generous CPD allowance?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Woking for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
The practice is looking for a vet who has good experience gained in a small animal practice and excellent communication skills in order to inform and support clients. You must also be passionate about keeping up to date with your own professional development. You will be comfortable working sole charge as this will be required on Saturdays. The working schedule will be 1 day of surgery and 3 days of consultations.
This position is full time for 40 hours per week over 4 days, along with 1 in 4 Saturdays from 9am to 6pm. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Practice provides 15 minute consultations (30 minutes for complex cases)
- Dedicated surgery day
- Scheduled breaks
- Supports certificates and additional qualifications
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week over 4 days, shifts from 9am to 7pm
- Weekends: 1 in 4 Saturdays, 9am to 6pm
- Sole charge: On Saturdays
- OOH: None
- Branch work: N/A
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 3 vets, 3 RVNs, 1 SVN, 2 VCAs and a supportive non-clinical team
- RCVS accredited practice
- ISFM accredited cat friendly practice
- Provides a positive, happy and supportive working environment
- Offers further progression with possible lead vet role
- Offers a good work life balance
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Supportive and friendly team and practice
- Offers flexible working hours
- Offers funding for a certificate and supports areas of special interest
- Part of a large nationwide network of practices
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be comfortable with routine surgeries
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
- You will be happy to share knowledge and mentor others where required
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff
- You will be a strong team player
- Ambition to pursue an area of special interest would be supported
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities, including:
- Emergency cover
- Blood pressure monitor
- Hospital ward
- In-house laboratory
- Isolation unit
- Laser treatment
- Nurse clinics
- Operating theatre
- Salary: £40,000 to £60,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: Generous annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance of £1,500 with 5 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Contributory pension and life assurance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private medical insurance
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
- Potential relocation package for the right candidate
- Childcare vouchers
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35069
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.