£40,00 - £63,000 pro rata commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon Woking, Surrey
- Are you a qualified or soon to be RCVS registered veterinary Surgeon?
Would you like
- A salary between up to £63,000 pro per annum commensurate to experience?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Woking, Surrey for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join them on full time basis. The role offers a 4 day working week with a 2:6 Saturdays working 8am - 4pm or 9am - 12pm.
- Type: Permanent Veterinary Surgeon
- Hours: Full or part time - full time = 40 Hours per week
- Weekends: 2:6 Saturdays 8am - 4pm / 9am - 4pm
- TOIL: None
- OOH: None
- On call: None
- Computer System: Merlin
- Consultations: 20 Minutes
- Team: 6 Vets 8 RVNs 2 SVNs
- Salary: Up to £63,000 per annum pro rata commensurate to experience
- The role will either be based at one branch or spread across two branches and they are open to preference from the Vet.
- The role offers a mixture of consultations and surgeries.
- The role offers a variety of cases along with clinical freedom allowing the Vet to work up cases thoroughly. The Vets are encouraged to see cases through.
- The practice offer progression opportunities and the Vet will have the opportunity to work alongside the Clinical Director. For the right candidate there are future Clinical Director opportunities.
- The practice offer support to professional development.
- Flexible working and rota patterns available to accommodate a good work / life balance. EG Rota to work around the school run / holidays /lifestyle.
- The Vet will be responsible for providing a high standard of veterinary care and customer service.
- The Vet will be responsible to ensuring that there is excellent communication between themselves and the team and with clients.
- 1st Opinion practice with 3 branches.
- They have one brand new purpose built practice in Woking and the other two are investing in ongoing refurbishments.
- The practice is fully equipped offering a wide range of diagnostics and veterinary services including in house lab, ultrasound, dental and digital x-ray and endoscopy.
- They have a great local reputation and pride themselves on the communication in terms of client care that they provide.
- They provide a support work environment and encourage team members to pursue areas of special interest.
- The practice provides a high standard of care and customer service to all its patients and clients.
- They provide a family feel culture with a supporting ethos amongst all the team.
- They prioritise the importance of mental health and wellbeing.
- The team work together to support one another and enable each other to achieve goals and continue to develop their clinical skills and knowledge.
- They understand the difficulties that the vet industry can face, and they ensure that each member of staff support each other and strive each day to provide a positive and encouraging work environment.
Who are they looking for
- The Vet will be a team player, with good interpersonal skills and be able to establish strong working relationships.
- The vet will have excellent communications skills and a compassionate attitude along with excellent client facing skills.
- The Vet will be able to organise their own time well and remain calm under pressure.
- Salary: Up to £63,000 pro rata commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 6.6 weeks annual leave incl bank holidays increasing with service and birthday off
- CPD: £1,250 allowance with 40 hours
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Medical insurance
- Certificates supported
- Workplace pension
- Family friendly policies
- Company sick pay
- Pay reviews
- Employee wellbeing programmes
- Ongoing learning and development platforms available
- Career progression opportunities
- Cycle to Work Scheme
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 34229
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.