Up to £55,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We have an opportunity for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Wirral.
The practice is looking for a vet who has good experience gained in a small animal practice, excellent communication skills in order to inform and support clients, competence in routine surgeries and the ability to create evidence-based treatment plans. You must be passionate about keeping up to date with your own professional development and have the confidence to work sole charge. Your duties will be split between consultations, surgeries and emergency critical care. The practice are particularly interested to hear from vets with an exotic bias or certificate.
The role will be full time for 4 days per week, along with 1 in 4 weekends. Part time applications will be considered. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 4 days per week, part time considered
- Weekends: 1 in 4 weekends
- OOH: None
- On-call: None
- Sole charge: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: Large, collaborative team and a supportive non-clinical team
- Large supportive team
- Offers a fantastic work-life balance
- Offers clinical freedom to a vet
- Can provide support for new graduate vet
- Offers modern veterinary services, diagnostics and facilities to small animals
- Large loyal client base
- Comprises of a highly skilled veterinary team with various expertise and areas of special interest
- Can provide ongoing training and development where required
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Various levels of experience will be considered
- You will be comfortable in all routine surgeries and consultations with support for more recent graduates available
- You will always deliver and be committed to providing a high standard of clinical care
- You will have an enthusiastic and caring attitude
- Youi will have strong communication skills and organisational skills
- You will work well under pressure with a calm and confident manner
- You will have excellent people management skills
- A kind and empathetic attitude is essential
- You will be ambitious looking to study towards a certificate or be a certificate holding surgeon looking to progress further
- You will be a team player
- The role is not determined on years of experience and be catered to suit but ultimately the vet needs to be ambitious looking to develop your clinical skills and knowledge further
- Areas of special interest would be an advantage
- You will want to be at the forefront of the practice help growing and developing the services and facilities provided
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services along with state-of-the-art technology and diagnostic equipment, including:
- In-house laboratory
- Operating theatres
- Nurse clinics
- Salary: Up to 55,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holiday: 5 weeks annual leave plus birthday off
- CPD: Generous allowance of 1,000 plus 3 days leave
- Memberships: RCVS fees paid
- Certificates supported and funded
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace pension scheme
- Health insurance scheme
- Staff discount
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13685
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.