£40,000 to £60,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Winsford, Cheshire
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon or soon to be?
- Are you looking for a new full or part time role in Cheshire?
- Do you want no OOH work?
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a thriving small animal practice located in Winsford, Cheshire.
This role is full or part time with 1 in 4 weekends. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
The practice have a supportive and friendly team and have a great work-life balance with no OOH rota. They are committed and passionate about providing a high standard of veterinary care and have good client relationships. They share a caring ethos with both clients and patients. They also share the importance of a creating a happy working environment and ensure there is always harmony and happiness within the team. The practice has a very family and village culture feel and all the team work well together and embrace all aspects of the role. They regularly have team discussions looking at ways they can progress, and they share case discussions and best practice thus offering opportunities to develop skills and knowledge. They would be looking for a Vet to share this practice culture also.
They are looking for a vet who is confident in routine consultations and surgeries. They will have excellent customer service and communication skills. There will be some sole charge work involved so it is also important that the vet is comfortable in this area.
The practice will provide a supportive working environment and somewhere where the Vet is able to develop their skills, with a great CPD allowance and support for those wishing to complete certificates.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full or part time
- Weekends: 1 in 4 weekends
- OOH: None
- Sole charge: Some
- Branch work: N/A
- Team: 4 vets, 4 RVNs, 1 SVN and a supportive non-clinical team
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Large group of practices within the region of Cheshire
- Branches with a 24hr hospital site
- State of the art diagnostic and treatment facilities
- Large highly experienced team of veterinary surgeons, nurses and supporting staff with various areas of special interest
- Fantastic career development opportunities available
- Offers a fantastic work-life balance
- Growing practice
- Offers clinical freedom to a vet
- Large loyal client base
- Offer a competitive salary package!
- Comprises of a highly skilled veterinary team with various expertise and areas of special interest.
- Offers career progression with support
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- Fully equipped with the latest diagnostic and surgical technology
- Excellent reputation within the community
- You will be comfortable with routine surgeries and consultations
- You will always deliver and be committed to providing a high standard of clinical care
- You will be confident with the occasional sole charge
- The role is determined on years of experience and be catered to suit but ultimately the Vet needs to be ambitious looking to develop clinical skills and knowledge
- You will have an enthusiastic and caring attitude
- Youi will have strong communication skills and organisational skills
- You will work well under pressure with a calm and confident manner
- You will have excellent people management skills
- A kind and empathetic attitude is essential
- You will be ambitious to continue your professional development
- You will be a team player
- Areas of special interest would be an advantage
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services for small animal. They offer state-of-the-art technology and diagnostic equipment, including:
- Referral services
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Advanced gaseous anaesthetic systems and monitoring equipment
- Soft tissue surgery
- State of the art surgical suite facilities
- Digital X-ray
- Dental X-ray
- In-house laboratory
- Nurse clinics
- Dedicated night clinic
- 24hr hospitalisation facilities
- Salary: Up to £60,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 6.6 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance of £1,750
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Certificates supported and funded
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- BUPA, Healthshield scheme
- Staff discount
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 36353
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.