£35,000 - £50,000 DOE
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Widnes Cheshire.
This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week however part time hours can be considered.
This is a modern spacious practice offering a wide range of veterinary services. It is close to local amenities and offers on site parking. It is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities.
They are looking for a vet who has excellent communication and client facing skills. They need to be able to perform basis consultations and routine surgeries.
The practice provides ongoing support and there is the bonus of working with a vet who has a certificate in exotics and surgery so there is plenty of scope to develop an area of special interest and increase knowledge and skill set.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday full time
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: On a rota
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet 2 Nurses, and support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers the opportunity to play an integral part in the future development of the practice
- Excellent work / life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with complex cases
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will have a bias which will be supported and encouraged
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,200 allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.