£35,000 to £55,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Weston-super-Mare, Somerset
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon or soon to be?
- Are you looking to join an established small animal practice?
- Do you want to be part of an enthusiastic clinical team?
Are you looking for...
- A great salary of up to £55,000 pro rata?
- The choice of a full or part time working week?
- No OOH work?
- A generous CPD allowance?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Weston-super-Mare for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
This role is full or part time with 1 in 4 weekends. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
The Vet would be joining a supportive team of 3 vets, 2 RVNs, 2 SVNs and non-clinical support team. The practice is bright, spacious and purpose built with equipment including digital c-ray, ultrasound, dental x-ray, and air conditioning. They practice is in Weston Super Mare and offers good transport links to Bristol.
Who are they looking for
The vet will have an ambitious and confident approach to their career and will be keen to join a practice where all team members are committed to providing their time and resources to the vets development.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full or part time
- Weekends: 1 in 4 weekends
- Sole charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 3 vets, 2 RVNs, 2 SVNs and support team
- Established practice
- Provides a varied caseload
- The practice is dedicated and willing to engage and coach a new graduate Vet
- State of the art equipment with all the latest technology
- The veterinary team's expertise enables them to undertake both medical and surgical cases in house to an advanced level.
- The position will provide both breadth and depth of case exposure for the Vet
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Offers support for surgical development
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with complex cases
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be forward thinking and a motivated vet
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
- You will be driven and ambitious
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities, including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatres
- Digital X-ray
- Nurse clinics
- Isolation unit
- In-house laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary: £35,000 to £55,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: Generous annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: Professional fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private healthcare scheme
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 36566
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.