£35,000 - £45,000 commensurate on experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a permanent Mobile Veterinary Surgeon to provide ongoing Veterinary Cover across 2 - 4 branches within the Watford area.
The Vet would be joining a team of mobile Vets that cover all the practices across the Hertfordshire region. Whilst the position is mainly working at the 24hr animal hospital in Watford there will be a requirement to provide cover at 2-4 practices across the area. The Vet must be flexible and go where cover is required. A vehicle or vehicle allowance is provided along with accommodation allowance as part of the package.
The role involves working 4 days per week along with a weekend rota.
The main site Watford Hospital is fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including radiography, endoscopy, ultrasound, CT and an in-house laboratory. They have a large team of experience Vets some certificate holding surgeons in Medicine, Surgery, and Imaging. The role offers the Vet plenty of scope to develop their clinical skills and knowledge by learning with different teams. They will be part of a supportive environment where knowledge and skills are shared.
The role offers the Vet a wide variety of experiences working within different environments with exposure to a wide variety of cases whilst reaping the benefit of working with a diverse team of veterinary professionals.
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in the animal hospital.
Who they are looking for
The practice requires a Veterinary Surgeon with a minimum of 6-12 months experience. The Vet will be competent in routine surgeries and consultations and happy working some sole charge. They must be trustworthy, caring and forward thinking with excellent client facing skills. They will be able to work well either by themselves with a proactive approach or as part of a team. They must set a positive example always to others and provide support and training where necessary. They must be committed to delivering a high standard of Veterinary Care.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time 5 days per week
- Weekends: No
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: Yes
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Large team of Vets and Nurses within the Hospital. Working along side 1 RVN each night.
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will have a minimum of 6 - 12 months experience
- You will be happy in sole charge work
- You will be competent in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- CT Imaging
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: 35,000 - 45,000 Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.