£35,000 to £50,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Watford, Hertfordshire
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon or soon to be?
- Are you looking to join an established small animal practice?
- Do you want to join an enthusiastic clinical team?
Are you looking for...
- A great salary of up to £50,000?
- No OOH work?
- A generous CPD allowance?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Watford for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. This role is full time with weekends on a rota. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
The Vet will be joining 2 other vets in the practice and 4 RVNs. They offer a busy varied case load and are equipped with facilities including ultrasound, digital x-ray, dental X-ray and an in-house laboratory. The branch partner has a certificate in surgery and imaging and the assistant vet is currently working towards a certificate in Medicine therefore areas of special interest are fully supported and encouraged.
The practice is fully equipped and offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities. The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in their nearest state-of-the-art Animal Hospital.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time
- Weekends: On a rota
- Sole charge: Yes
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: 5 vets, 4 RVNs, 5 SVNs and 1 PCA (across 2 practices)
- Computer system: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled veterinary professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will be comfortable in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have good experience gained in a small animal practice
- You will be passionate, motivated, and driven and want to move the practice forward
- You will be ambitious, driven and forward-thinking
- You will be comfortable with some sole charge work when required
- You will enjoy mentoring and coaching others and sharing knowledge and experience
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available, including:
- Fleas, ticks and worming treatments
- Nurse clinics
- Home visits
- In-house laboratory
- Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance of £1,500 plus 3 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35056
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.