£35,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent veterinary surgeon to join a small animal practice in Wakefield.
This is an established small animal practice with a group of branch surgeries and one hospital. The practices are continuing to grow and there are additional expansion plans next year for a brand-new hospital.
There is a large multi veterinary Surgeon team with experienced RVNS, ACAS, SVNS and support team. Due to there being so many branch surgeries and a hospital this role offers excellent career development opportunities with exposure to more complex cases. Veterinary surgeons with areas of special interest are supported.
About the role
This is a full-time position which predominately will involve working in their Hospital however there is some branch work required. Working hours are 4.5 days per week.
They require a veterinary surgeon with a minimum of 2 years' experience. They must be confident with sole charge work when required. There is a highly supportive team in places and due to the wide range of veterinary services and facilities there is opportunities for growth and development.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full time 4.5 days per week
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: Some when required at branches
- Team: Large Multi Vet, Nurse and supporting staff team
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Established Veterinary Clinics - multiple branches with one Hospital
- Large highly experienced team of Veterinary surgeons, Nurses and supporting staff with various areas of special interest
- Offers a family friendly service to the local community in a relaxed working environment
- Provides state of the art equipment and facilities with veterinary expertise in internal medicine, surgery, dentistry, rehabilitation, surgery and more
- You will be an experienced veterinary surgeon and confident in routine surgeries and consultations.
- You will be an enthusiastic and passionate veterinary surgeon
- You will have a minimum of 2 years' experience
- You will be capable of sole charge work
- You will be able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with both clients and fellow members of the team
- You will be committed to delivering a high standard of clinical care
- You will be ambitious and looking to take on a role where future career prospects and movement are available to you
Facilities and services:
The practice offers a wide variety of modern veterinary services and facilities as one would expect in a Hospital and multi branch practices including
- X - Ray
- Dental Suite
- CT Scanner
- Cardiology facilities
- In House laboratory
- Nurse Clinics
- Salary 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- CPD Generous allowance
- Certificates encourage and supported
- Uniform Provided
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.