£35,000 - £50,000
Part time / Permanent
We are recruiting a Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Taunton Somerset. This is a part time position offering flexible working hours.
This is an established practice offering state of the art facilities and a highly experienced Veterinary Team - all of whom are certificate holders. The practice is in the beautiful countryside of Somerset with Taunton close by and good access to local amenities and transport links.
The practice sees a wide variety of cases and are equipped with all the toys to manage even more complex cases. they also have a visiting team of orthopaedic specialist.
They are looking for a confident Veterinary Surgeon who can complete all routine surgeries and is confident in medical cases. this role offers an exciting opportunity for the Veterinary Surgeon to develop their clinical skill set and with it have a better work / life balance. There is an element of sole charge work involved so the Vet would need to be comfortable in this area. They must have a caring and approachable attitude and have excellent customer service and communication skills. Ares of special interest are supported and funded.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Flexible working hours
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- Sole Charge: Occasionally
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vets, 3 Nurses & support team.
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Certificates and areas of special interest are supported and encouraged
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will be happy with some sole charge work
- You will be a able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.