£36,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are working with an established small animal, primary care veterinary practice in Staffordshire, who are currently recruiting for a veterinary surgeon to join them on a full time, permanent basis. This role has been created due to expansion and the increased demand over the past 18 months.
You will be required to work an average 40h per week over a 8 week rota (to include only two Saturday mornings and one whole Saturday until 5pm and a Sunday 10am until 4pm). You have Monday off after your weekend as well as your regular day off. A four-day week is the standard working week (8.30am to 7pm). There are no ooh in this role.
The position is suitable for a veterinary surgeon with at ideally at least 1 years post graduate experience. who is comfortable with surgeries and consulting.
Key Job Details:
- Type: Small animal only
- Hours Mon-Fri
- Weekends: Saturday mornings 9am-12pm on a rota basis
- OOH: None required
- Sole charge: Sole charge work expected, must be comfortable
- Branch work: None required
- Team: 9 Veterinary Surgeons, 2 who have specialisms in Cardiology & internal medicine and one in Ophthalmology, who will be able to mentor and support, whilst accessing the graduate programme. We also have a Vet currently doing his surgical certificate and another working on Emergency critical care and we can fully fund all applicants who wish to undertake a certificate.
Established over 100 years ago, the practice is a small animal, primary care practice in Staffordshire, with sites in Tamworth and Atherstone.
They provide routine primary care services including orthopaedic surgery, soft tissue surgery, eye, heart and skin treatments, arthritis management and cancer treatment. It also offers referral services in ophthalmology and cardiology.
You will have a keen interest in both surgeries and consulting and have a real passion for providing a high level of care to all patients. It Is also important you have a compassionate and understand nature as well as the ability to provide a high level of customer service.
- Salary up to 50,000 depending on experience.
- Generous CPD package
- Certificates funded for right person
- 5 weeks annual leave + bank holidays + birthday off
- Paid professional memberships
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff discount scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- 1 years qualified experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.