£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Stratford Upon Avon.
This is a part time role working 25 - 30 hours per week with a 1:3 weekend rota. There is some sole charge work on occasion but there is no ooh.
This is a modern established practice which is purpose built and provides state of the art facilities. They have a large and loyal client base and due to growth need an additional vet.
The practice pride themselves on providing a supportive environment to work in so therefore Vets who have areas of special interest and career aspirations are welcomed and supported.
The practice is looking for motivated and ambitious Vet who has solid medical and surgical skills with some experience in emergency surgery. They must be comfortable with the occasional sole charge work. The role offers the opportunity to be involved with a wide variety of responsibilities within the practice so the Vet would need to be confident in routine medical and surgical cases. They must work well as part of a team, enjoy establishing working relationships with clients and have excellent communication skills.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full time
- Weekends: None
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vets, 4 Nurse and support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers the opportunity to play an integral part in the future development of the practice
- Offers surgical facilities for more complex cases allowing for clinical development
- Excellent work / life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with complex cases
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be competent in medical and surgical cases
- A special interest in surgery or orthopaedics would be advantageous.
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will enjoy building up your own client base
- You will be driven and ambitious
- You will have ambitions to study towards a certificate
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Private medical insurance and life assurance 4 x annual salary
- CPD: 1,200 allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.