£40,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join an established small animal first opinion and referral practice in St Helens on a full-time basis. They require an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join them in a full-time basis. The Vet will have a minimum of 1 years UK experience and be confident in routine consultations.
The role comprises of Monday - Friday with a 1:4 Saturdays and 1:8 Sundays. The Sunday will be after the Saturday worked. The Vet will also participate in the OOH holiday cover rota.
This is an established referral practice specialising in Orthopaedics, soft tissue surgery, internal medicine, dermatology, exotic medicine, and cardiology. They have state of the art facilities and equipment such as an onsite CT scanner and MRI facilities. They boast a large team of Veterinary Surgeons with a variety of special interests, diplomas, and certificate holders.
The practice is located within in ideal commute from Manchester and Liverpool with excellent connections to major transport links. Located perfect for both city and country life.
Who are they looking for:
The Vet will have good client care skills and be patient care focused. They will be focused in working their cases up to a high standard and work well alongside a large team of experienced Vets. The team boasts certificate holding surgeons which offer ample opportunities to learn from thus developing the Vets clinical skills and knowledge.
The role comprises of being 50% sole charge at one of their branches and 50% working in the animal hospital or they could also offer a total branch sole charge role with the hospital as a backup. They will also consider part time applications.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weekends: Yes 1:4 Saturdays and 1:8 Sundays
- OOH: On a rota
- Sole Charge: Some
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: Multiple Veterinary Surgeons and RVNS with support staff
- Established Veterinary referral practice hospital with first opinion practices
- Large highly experienced team of Veterinary surgeons, Nurses and supporting staff with various areas of special interest
- Provides state of the art equipment and facilities with veterinary expertise in internal medicine, surgery, dentistry, rehabilitation, surgery and more
- Offers one to one support and advancement to more complex medical and surgical cases
- Fantastic career development opportunities available
- You will be capable of a sole charge role with support
- You will have a minimum of 1 years UK experience
- You will have strong client and patient care skills
- For more experienced Vets you will have a strong interest in teaching / mentoring others
- You will lead by example
- You will have career development aspirations
- You must have excellent customer facing skills, empathy, work well with us and a genuine passion for animal welfare.
The practice offers an extensive referral service including
- Soft Tissue Surgery
- Internal Medicine
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Salary - 40,000 - 55,000 Commensurate to experience Pro Rata
- CPD 1750 allowance 1 week to attend
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays plus bonus time with length of service
- Career development opportunities
- RCVS and VDS and BSAVA fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 6696
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.