Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 Commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Southampton.
This is a full or part time role comprising of 30 - 40 hours per week with a 1:4 weekend rota.
This is a modern purpose-built practice offering state of the art facilities including digital radiography, in house laboratory, ultrasound, electrosurgery, blood pressure monitoring and hospitalisation facilities. The practice sees a varied case load of both surgical and medical cases with a small number of rabbits and exotics.
About the role
The Vet would be part of a team of 4 Vets some of whom have special interests including imagery, dental and emergency medicine.
The practice is dedicated to building strong working relationships with clients and offer a friendly and professional service and ensure that they treat all patients as they would their own. It is important that th Vet shares this ethos also and work well as part of a team. They must have strong customer service and communication skills. They will enjoy both medical and surgical cases and all aspects of what the tole brings. If the Vet has a special interest in exotics this would be advantageous. On a side note, this role would not be suitable for a Vet who has a special interest in orthopaedics.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full or part time 30 - 40 hours per week
- Weekends: None
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 4 Vets, Nurses and support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers the opportunity to play an integral part in the future development of the practice
- Offers surgical facilities for more complex cases allowing for clinical development
- Excellent work / life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with complex cases
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be competent in medical and surgical cases
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will enjoy building up your own client base
- You will be driven and ambitious
- You will have ambitions to study towards a certificate
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 40,000 - 45,000 Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,200 allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7507
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.