£35,000-£50,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for an independent practice in Sheffield who require a permanent full-time veterinary surgeon to join their practice. This is a full-time role working 4 days per week. There is a car and house provided if needed. There is 1 night per week on call and a 1 in 6 weekend on call rota meaning this position offers an excellent work / life balance.
Established many years ago the practice has two branches, which are both fully kitted out with state-of-the-art equipment onsite to handle all types of consultations, diagnostics and surgeries. They are a small animal and equine practice and are independently owned. They do provide their own ooh however, due to the size if the team the rota for OOH is generous allowing for an excellent work / life balance.
- Type:. Small animal with some equine
- Hours: Full Time 4 Days per week
- Weekends: 1 in 6 on call
- OOH: One night on call per week
- Sole Charge: When on call and during the weekends
- Team: Multi Vet, RVN and supporting staff team.
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Forward thinking and independent practice
- State of the at facilities and equipment for both small animal and equine
- Provide their own OOH service
- Two premises, one larger hospital located in a pretty area in the countryside.
- Large multi vet team with certificate holding veterinary surgeons within the group
- Well established with a large client base
- Practice sees a varied case load - emergency medical cases
- Supportive and highly experienced veterinary team.
- All staff are motivated and supported and encouraged to develop their skills and work towards certificates
- Ongoing career opportunities are offered.
- On-site parking
- Can offer accommodation and car with the position
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be experienced in both small animal and equine
- You will be happy with sole charge work as this maybe required when on call
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgery and medical cases
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice boasts full in-house facilities offering patients a full range of diagnostics, in patient facilities, treatments and both routine and complex medical and surgical cases. The also have facilities to have patients overnight and due to them providing their own on call then they offer case continuity.
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 per annum depending on experience
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Company Bonus scheme
- CPD Allowance
- Car and accommodation provided or an allowance
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 8621
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.