£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Selby North Yorkshire.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week over 4 weekdays with a 1:3 weekend rota. There is no OOH.
This is an established modern practice which offers a wide variety of 1st opinion Veterinary Services. It is fully equipped with all the toys and is spacious, modern, and bright.
The practice is located within great transport links to commute from both York and Leeds. It comprises of a team of 1 Vet, 3 Nurses and supporting no clinical staff. they are a close-knit team and pride themselves on providing a happy supportive place to work whilst being committed to delivering excellent clinical care to all patients and looking after their clients.
About the role
The practice are looking for an experienced Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. they must be capable of doing routine surgeries and consultations. There is also some occasional sole charge work, so it is important that the Vet is confident in this area. The practice support input with fresh ideas and the Vet will be expected to be at the forefront of this. Excellent communication skills and customer service skills are vital and the ability to work well with others as part of a team and share in the practice's ethos. Special interests are supported and there is funding for a certificate for the right Vet. Excellent package commensurate to experience available.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1:3 weekends on a rota
- Sole Charge: Occasionally
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vets, 3 Nurses & support team.
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Certificates and areas of special interest are supported and encouraged
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be comfortable in routine surgeries and consultations
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks annual leave including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.