£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Rushden Northamptonshire.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week with a 1:3 weekend rota with days off in lieu after working a weekend. There is no OOH.
The Vet will be joining a team of 2 other Vets, 2 Nurses, 3 SVNs and 4 VCAs. The are a close and supportive team and enjoy mentoring each other. They pride themselves on providing excellent clinical care and offer excellent customer service to all clients.
The practice is established with state-of-the-art equipment and offers a variety of 1st opinion veterinary services.
The practice is looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon who is confident in all areas of routine surgeries and consultations. There is an element of sole charge involved so it is important that they vet is confident in this area. Excellent communication and customer service skills are key and the ability to work well with others and offer guidance and support where necessary to other staff members.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1:3 weekends on a rota
- Sole Charge: Occasionally
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vets, 2 Nurses, 3 SVN support team.
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Large highly experienced team
- Offers an exciting workload
- Certificates and areas of special interest are supported and encouraged
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be comfortable in routine surgeries and consultations
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will be happy to mentor and guide others where necessary
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 28 days rising to 33 with service including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CDP Allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.