£35,000 to £50,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Rushden, Northamptonshire.
This is a full time for 40 hours per week with 1 in 3 weekends with days off in lieu after working a weekend. There is no OOH.
The vet will be joining a team of 2 other vets, 2 RVNs, 3 SVNs and 4 VCAs. The are a close and supportive team and enjoy mentoring each other. They pride themselves on providing excellent clinical care and offer excellent customer service to all clients.
The practice is established with state-of-the-art equipment and offers a variety of 1st opinion veterinary services.
The practice is looking for an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon who is confident in all areas of routine surgeries and consultations. There is an element of sole charge involved so it is important that they vet is confident in this area. Excellent communication and customer service skills are key and the ability to work well with others and offer guidance and support where necessary to other staff members.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1 in 3 weekends
- Sole charge: Occasionally
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 20 minutes
- Team: 2 vets, 2 RVNs, 3 SVNs and 4 VCAs
- State of the art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a good work-life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Large highly experienced team
- Offers an exciting workload
- Certificates and areas of special interest are supported and encouraged
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be comfortable in routine surgeries and consultations
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will be happy to mentor and guide others where necessary
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities, including
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatres
- Digital X-ray
- Nurse clinics
- Isolation unit
- In-house laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary: 35,000 to 50,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 28 days rising to 33 with service including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- CPD: Generous allowance of 1,000
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13558
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.