£40,000 to £60,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Rossendale, Lancashire
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon or soon to be?
- Are you looking for a new full or part time opportunity?
We are recruiting on behalf of a practice in Rossendale for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon. The role is full or part time with 1 in 3 Saturdays. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
The practice is looking for a surgeon who has good experience gained in a small animal practice, excellent communication skills in order to inform and support clients, competence in routine surgeries and the ability to create evidence-based treatment plans. Due to the level of support available within the practice they are abe to support experienced or newly graduated Vets.
The Vet will be working alongside 3 vets, 5 RVNs and 3 SVNs along with a practice manager and support team. They offer a social and supportive culture with regular team outings.
The practice provides a wide vareity of veterinary services and also has visiting specialists in cardiology and imaging. They offer 15 minute consultations with admin time dedicated so the Vet can catch up on notes. They are supported by the nursing team who also do consultations.
- Practice provides 15 minute consultations
- Dedicated surgery day
- Scheduled breaks
- Supports certificates and additional qualifications
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full or part time
- Weekends: 1 in 3 Saturdays
- Sole charge: On weekends
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 3 vets, 5 RVNs, 3 SVNs and a supportive nonclinical team
- RCVS accredited practice
- ISFM accredited cat friendly practice
- Provides a positive, happy and supportive working environment
- Offers a good work life balance
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Supportive and friendly team
- Offers flexible working hours
- Offers funding for a certificate and supports areas of special interest
- Part of a large nationwide network of practices
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be comfortable with routine surgeries
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
- You will be happy to share knowledge and mentor others where required
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff
- You will be a strong team player
- Ambition to pursue an area of special interest would be supported
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities, including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatre
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Isolation unit
- Blood pressure monitor
- Cruciate surgery
- fracture surgery
- In-house laboratory
- Soft tissue surgery
- Nurse clinic
- Hospital ward
- Salary: Up to £60,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: Generous annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Contributory pension and life assurance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private medical insurance
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
- Potential relocation package for the right candidate
- Childcare vouchers
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 34522
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.