£40,000 to £60,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Redruth, Cornwall
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon?
- Are you looking for a new role in Cornwall?
Are you looking for...
- No OOH work?
- A 4-day week?
- Ongoing training and development opportunities?
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Redruth, Cornwall. This role is full time for 4 days per week, along with 1 in 3 Saturdays. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
Whilst the role is mainly at the Redruth branch there is branch work required at their sister branch in Cambourne.
They are looking for a vet who has good experience and someone who is confident in routine surgeries and consultations. Ongoing training and mentoring are available in order to develop clinical skills and knowledge. They will have excellent client care skill, communication skills and be committed to performing a high level of clinical care.
Benefits of the role:
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and prides themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
All staff and patients benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in this nearest 24hr animal hospital.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1 in 3 Saturdays
- Sole charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Team: Large veterinary team across two sites
- Computer system: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development
- You will be self-motivated and enthusiastic
- You will be a team player
- You will have a bias or area of specialism that you would like to pursue
- You will be ambitious, driven, and forward-thinking
- You will set a positive working environment
- You will enjoy mentoring and coaching others and sharing knowledge and experience
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available, including:
- Digital X-ray
- Multiparameter machine
- Keyhole surgery
- Isolation wards
- CT scanner
- Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance of £1,500 with 3 days to attend
- Memberships: Professional fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Paid 4-week sabbatical after every five years of service
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 34467
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.