£35,000 to £50,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting on behalf of a practice in Reading for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join them.
This is a full or part time role with Saturdays on a rota. There will be no OOH work.
The practice is purpose built, modern and spacious and is fully equipped with industry leading diagnostics.
The Vet will be joining a team of 3 vets, 2 RVNs, 2 SVNs and 3 VCAs along with a supportive reception team.
Who are they looking for:
The practice is looking for a forward-thinking vet and someone who is confident in routine surgeries and consultations. They will have an approachable manner and be able to build strong working relationships with clients and patients. The vet will be a team player and provide support to team members where required.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full or part time
- Weekends: Saturdays on a rota
- Sole charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 3 vets, 2 RVNs, 2 SVNs, 3 VCAs and support staff
- Can provide a positive, happy and supportive working environment.
- Offers further progression with post graduate qualifications supported
- Offers a good work-life balance with no Sundays and no OOH
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Supportive and friendly team and practice
- Offers flexible working hours
- Offers funding for a certificate and supports areas of special interest
- Part of a large nationwide network of practices
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be comfortable with routine spays and castrations
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
- You will be happy to share knowledge and mentor others where required
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Ambition to pursue an area of special interest would be supported
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities, including
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatres
- Digital X-ray
- Nurse clinics
- Isolation unit
- In-house laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary: 35,000 to 50,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 5.5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays and birthday off
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: Professional fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance 4x annual salary
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private medical insurance
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13549
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.