£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We have an exciting opportunities for a mixed animal vet to join a fantastic independent practice in Cumbria.Ideally, our client is seeking a predominantly large animal Vet to join their six vet team
Located only six miles from the beautiful Lake Ullswater in the market town of Penrith, this post offers excellent career prospects as part of a small friendly team. Our client is75% farm and 25% small animal, with no equine. The position offers a good mix of dairy, beef and sheep work, plus some small animal work.
Our client is prepared to offer a four-day working week, CPD allowance, company pension & a company car (if required), 35 days holiday (pro rata). With a generous salary package based on experience.
There is a 2 in 5 on-call rota with a long (four day) weekend off once every 5 weeks.
- Type: Mixed Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weekends: Yes shared rota
- OOH: Yes shared rota
- Sole Charge: No
- Team: 6 Vets, Nurses and support team
- Consultations: Varied
- Large established Mixed Animal Practice
- Hiring due to continual growth
- Excellent local reputation
- Offers a wide range of modern farm, equine, and small veterinary services
- Supportive and friendly practice - provides training and mentoring
- Offers an excellent work / life balance
- Provides state of the art equipment
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Focused on proactive healthcare and educating clients on pet health
- Friendly and motivated team in place
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will be either a mixed Vet or Large animal Vet
- You will be able to establish and build client relationships easily
- You will be ambitious and motivated to progress
- You will be competent in routine surgeries - dependent on experience support available
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- For experienced vets, you will offer mentoring and coaching where required and share best practice
- You will be ambitious to develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will enjoy working within a busy practice with a wide variety of mixed animal cases
The practice offers a wide range of veterinary services for small animals and farm animal. They are fully equipped with a wide range of modern equipment for diagnostics and allowing for excellent patient care. They are always on the forefront of new developments and technology and regularly invests in the latest state of the art equipment so that they offer the most up to date services available to their patients and clients.
- Salary - Commensurate to experience
- Strong CPD allowance
- Annual leave allowance of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays
- Certificates funded and supported
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.