£30,000 - £50,000 commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a, independent, small animal practice in Oldham, Greater Manchester. The practice are looking for a senior / experienced Vet who is confident in consultations and routine surgeries. This is a full-time role within a proud independent practice which boasts a fantastic local reputation. There is no OOH requirement.
They are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Vet who is looking to further their own skills set and put client and patient care at the forefront of their day-to-day work.
The practice has an excellent supporting team of Vets and nurses and collectively have numerous years' experience. All the team strive to be the best that they can be each day.
About the role
The role offers a varied caseload - all first opinion which includes preventative healthcare, routine care and a mixture of consultations and surgery. The practice understands the importance of continuity of care and they ensure that wherever possible that the client sees the same Vet throughout their pets condition from start to finish to ensure that both the client and patient feel as comfortable as possible. It also ensures the Vet can see a case through from start to finish and therefore can be exposed to more interesting cases.
The right candidate should be well motivated and looking to grow their own development and skills, be RCVS registered, capable of first opinion consultations and surgical procedures, able to work cases to a high standard, a good communicator and able to build a great rapport with clients and staff.
Our client do see and treat exotics at the surgery (parrots, chickens, snakes, bearded dragons etc) and whilst a knowledge of these species would be beneficial, it is not essential initially as they would send you on the relevant courses, however the willingness to learn about them and treat them is important.
The practice offers the Surgeon clinical freedom and the ability to build up their own client base whilst playing an integral part of the overall development of the business and take the practice to the next level. They must have excellent customer service skills and have ambition to grow the business.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 day per week
- Weekends: Shared weekend rota
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet, 3 RVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be an experienced and confident Vet looking to move into more of a senior position.
- You will have ambitions to grow and develop the practice
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Salary: From 30,000 upwards commensurate to experience
- Annual pay review
- Holiday allowance: 6 weeks annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Accommodation available rent free for a few months if relocating whilst looking for permanent residence.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Yearly allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13664
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.