£21,000 - £24,00
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Northampton.
This is a full-time role with a 1:3 weekend rota and no OOH. There is some occasional sole charge work. The Vet would be joining an established practice comprising of 2 Vets along with supporting staff. This is a purpose-built practice with state-of-the-art facilities including Ultrasound, in house laboratory, digital x-ray, dental machine and blood pressure monitor. The practice is close to the town centre and offers on site parking.
They are looking for a confident Vet and someone who enjoys establishing good working relationships with clients. They must have excellent communication skills and work well as part of a team.
They must be confident in routine surgeries and consultations and the occasional sole charge work.
Areas of special interest are supported and funded.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full or part time position
- Weekends: 1:3 weekend rota
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet, 2 Nurses, and support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers the opportunity to play an integral part in the future development of the practice
- Offers surgical facilities for more complex cases allowing for clinical development
- Excellent work / life balance
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with complex cases
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have an approachable and caring attitude
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 28 days annual leave including bank holidays and Birthdays off
- Volunteer paid leave - paid days off for you to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,200 allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.