£40,000 - £55,000 Commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting on behalf of a practice in Northallerton North Yorkshire for a Permanent full time Veterinary Surgeon. The position provides a 37-hour working week over a period of 4 days. Part time hours would be considered for the right candidate.
The Vet would be joining a team of 3 Vets, 2 Nurses and ANA's. There is also a non-clinical support team.
They are looking for a Vet who has a good level of small animal experience and someone who is comfortable with some sole charge work and routine surgeries and consultations.
The vet will have excellent client skills and communication skills and be a team player. They will be able to establish and build good client relationships.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time 37 hours per week
- Weekends: TBC
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vets,2 RVNs, 2 ANAs and support staff
Can provide a positive, happy and supportive working environment.
Offers a good work life balance
Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
Supportive and friendly team & practice
Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be comfortable with routine spays and castrations
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will be happy to share knowledge and mentor others where required
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Ambition to pursue an area of special interest would be supported
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: Salary range: 40,000 - 55,000 Commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays rising to 6 weeks after 1 years' service plus Birthdays off
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,000 allowance with additional support towards certificates
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private Medical Insurance
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 8745
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award-Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.