Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - New Cross, London
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon?
- Are you looking to join an established small animal practice?
Are you looking for...
- A great salary of up to £65,000?
- No OOH work?
- A generous CPD allowance of £1,500 with 3 days to attend?
We have an opportunity for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in New Cross, London.
The practice is looking for a veterinary surgeon who has good experience gained in a small animal practice, excellent communication skills and the ability to create trusting and dependable relationships with your clients. You will be competent in all routine medical and surgical procedures and consultations in order to provide the gold standard of care to the practice's patients and clients.
This role is full time for 4 days per week, along with 1 in 3 half or 1 in 6 full weekends. There will be no OOH or on-call duties.
Benefits of the role
The practices provide a high standard of clinical care and prides themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres.
All staff and patients benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in their nearest 24hr animal hospital.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1 in 3 half or 1 in 6 full weekends
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: N/A
- On-call: None
- Computer system: Freedom
- Team: 3 vets, 3 RVNs, 2 SVNs and a supportive non-clinical team
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal hospital
- Large community of highly skilled veterinary professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development
- You will have practical experience gained in a small animal practice
- You will be comfortable working sole charge
- You will ideally have a bias or area of specialism that you would like to pursue
- You will be comfortable with routine surgeries and consultations
- You will be self-motivated and enthusiastic
- An interest in pursuing a certificate would be supported and encouraged
- You will be ambitious, driven, and forward-thinking
- You will set a positive working environment and lead by example
- You will enjoy mentoring and coaching others and sharing knowledge and experience
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available, including:
- Fleas, ticks and worming
- Home visits
- In-house laboratory
- Salary: Up to £65,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance of £1,500 with 3 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Paid 4-week sabbatical after every five years of service
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 34527
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.