£30,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Middleton.
This is a full-time position with a weekend rota of Saturdays only and no ooh. There is some occasional sole charge work involved.
The practice has been opened for 6 years and as established a large client base and sees a wide variety of cases each day. They provide a variety of veterinary services both routine and routine including oncology, orthopaedic surgeries, and soft tissue surgeries. These include as examples reconstructive surgery, anal glad removal, thyroidectomy, ear ablation and urethrostomy.
The practice comprises of a friendly team of 2 Vets, 3 Nurses, 2 SVNs and supportive staff. They are fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including ultrasound, digital X-Ray, and an in-house laboratory.
About the role
The Vets who currently work at the practice have 30 years combined experience between them meaning they can offer support for a Veterinary Surgeon looking to take the next step and develop their clinical skill set. Therefore, this role would be ideal for a Surgeon who has a minimum of 1 years' experience in both consultations and surgery. They must have a passionate and motivated attitude and have excellent customer service and communication skills and work well as part of a team.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full time
- Weekends: 1:3 weekends
- Sole Charge: Occasionally
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet, 3 Nurses, 2 SVNs and support team.
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers both routine and no routine case exposure
- Veterinary Surgeons with combined experience of over 30 years
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Certificates and areas of special interest are supported and encouraged
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will have a minimum of 1 years' experience in surgery and consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks off plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Support towards certificate and career development
- Possible future partnership opportunity along with profit share
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.