£34,486 - £45,032 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are looking to recruit a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to work within an established charity hospital in Manchester. This practice has a fast pace and varied caseload and will allow you to use your skills to your full potential, making it an interesting and rewarding place to work. They have a passion for personal development, client care and the welfare of pets. Previous experience of clinical coaching is advantageous.
The role is full time for 37.5 hours per week from 9am to 5:30pm, 10am to 6pm or 8:30am to 5pm. You will also work 1 in 8 weekends from 8:30am to 5:30pm. There will be time off scheduled during the week in lieu of any weekends worked.
- 37.5 hr working week
- Veterinary Surgeons typically work incremental shifts from 9am to 5:30pm, 10am to 6pm or 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday
- No OOH, as this is fully outsourced - Vets Now do night cover on site
- The caseload is varied and would make a great opportunity for someone completing a certificate or looking to further develop their skills
- They have the work / life balance sorted with a genuine 37.5 hour working week, no evening OOH (latest finish 6pm)
- Clinical staff typically work 1 in 8 weekends from 8:30am to 5:30pm.
- Pets and people at the heart of what they do UK wide
About the Role:
- They are seeking a Veterinary Surgeon (VS) for the delivery of an efficient, professional and caring service to all the hospitals clients and to provide a high standard of customer service and clinical care whilst also promoting pet wellbeing and delivering preventive services.
- They need someone who can manage the team with confidence
- The hospital building is well equipped with plenty of consulting space allowing them to meet the demands of this busy small practice.
- The caseload is very varied on a day to day basis
- They are a friendly welcoming team that are very supportive.
- They aim to promote a healthy life for all their pets by preventing, educating and treating sick and injured animals with passion and compassion.
- Responsible for managing cases cost-effectively, encouraging financial contributions from clients
- As a veterinary charity with 48 Pet Hospitals, they strive to improve pets' lives - through prevention, education and treatment.
- Every year their dedicated vet teams carry out 2.7 million treatments on 470,000 pets.
- Their national network of around 120 high street shops help us to provide these treatments through selling both donated and new goods.
- They believe that they work better together, so everyone from their vets, volunteers, shop teams and to office support colleagues - are driven in to the help improve the lives of every pet.
- Salary: 34,486 - 45,032 pro rata per annum Commensurate to experience
- CPD: Allowance 1,000 and 1 week to attend - pro rata
- Memberships: Professional Fees Paid
- Excellent career opportunities/development
- Holidays: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Paid statutory holidays
- Travel allowance
- Life assurance 4 x annual salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private medical insurance (after 12 months service)
- OOH / On call - Specific to the role - Weekends again additional uplift and off in lieu. On call flat hour rate on top of normal hour rate
- Bank Holidays - double pay and time off in lieu
- Travel allowance - dependent on the role
- Sick pay
- Access to online wellbeing centre
- Maternity, Paternity and Adoption pay
- Eye Care
- Flu Vaccination
- Employee assist programme
- Holiday trading - buy and sell annual leave
- Career break
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 9968
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.