£45,000 to £65,000 pro rata
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Malvern, Worcestershire
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon?
- Are you looking for a role which offers clinical freedom and the opportunity to develop a clinical interest?
We are recruiting on behalf of a small animal practice in Malvern, Worcestershire for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. This role is full or part time with 1 in 3 Saturday mornings. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full or part time, shifts between 8am and 7pm
- Weekends: 1 in 3 Saturday mornings, 8am to 12pm
- OOH: None
- On call: None
- Computer system: Merlin
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- The role offers a varied caseload with various types of surgeries and consultations
- The role offers clinical freedom and the opportunity to work up own cases
- The role will offer the Vet the opportunity to pursue areas of special interest
- The role offers flexible working pattern and shifts to suit a good work-life balance
- The practice is in a position to offer full time, part time or flexi time hours that suit
- The Vet will be responsible for providing a high standard of veterinary care and customer service
- The Vet will be responsible to ensuring that there is excellent communication between themselves and the team and with clients
- They are fully equipped with facilities including Digital X-ray, Ultrasound, fully equipped theatre, digital radiology, laser therapy and an in house laboratory
- Excellent local reputation along with a friendly and supportive team
- The practice provides a high standard of care and customer service to all its patients and clients
- They have a team of 3 Vets, 3 RVNs, 1 SVN and 1 ANA
- They are located close to Worcester and Birmingham and in a spa town with local amenities
- They pride themselves on providing a positive team culture and supporting each other.
- They offer a supportive environment where special interests are supported and encouraged in order for a Vet to thrive
- They understand the difficulties that the vet industry can face, and they ensure that each member of staff support each other and strive each day to provide a positive and encouraging work environment
- They will have an enthusiastic and positive attitude and always strive to encourage and support all team members
- They will have great clinical skills and be competent in all routine surgeries and consultations
- The Vet will be a team player, with good interpersonal skills and be able to establish strong working relationships.
- The Vet must be comfortable with sole charge on occasion
- The Vet will be capable of using their own initiative and use their time and resources effectively
- The vet will have excellent communications skills and a compassionate attitude along with excellent client facing skills and ability to build working relationships easily
- The Vet will always maintain a high standard of clinical care and always willing to go that extra mile for patients
- Salary: Up to £65,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 6.6 weeks annual leave, increasing with service and birthday off
- CPD: Generous allowance of £1,250 with 40 hours to attend
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Talk to the team regarding relocation packages, golden handshakes and sponsorship which are available for non-UK nationals with RCVS registration in place
- Medical insurance
- Certificates supported
- Workplace pension
- Family friendly policies
- Company sick pay
- Pay reviews
- Employee wellbeing programmes
- Ongoing learning and development platforms available
- Career progression opportunities
- Cycle to work scheme
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 35072
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.