Starting from £34,000 Commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Liskeard Cornwall.
This is a full-time role. There is a shared ooh rota which is based on a 1:10 weeks on call also including weekends. When the Vet is only during the 1:10 they will not be required to work in practice during the day and when they Vet is on call overnight, they only need to attend the practice to see ooh cases only and in patient checks as required.
The Vet would be joining a large team of 9 other Vets and 10 RVNS and 1 SVN so there is plenty of support available for a more recently graduated Vet also. There is also the caseload and the scope for a more experienced Vet who is looking to progress their career further and develop an area of special interest.
There is one main practice and two branch surgeries which offer consultations only. The Vet would work across all three sites.
They are fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including endoscope, ultrasound, digital x-ray, diathermy and anaesthetic monitors along with offering laparoscopic spays and TTA / TTARs in house. The role would offer a vet the opportunity to develop new techniques and allow advancement of their existing clinical skills and knowledge.
Who are they looking for
An enthusiastic, confident, and friendly Vet. The practice is open to various levels of experience as they have the right team and caseload to provide for various levels. The role is not determined on years of experience and be catered to suit but ultimately the Vet needs to be ambitious looking to develop your clinical skills and knowledge further
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- OOH: On a rota
- Team: 9 Vets 10 Nurses
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- State of the art facilities
- Large supportive team
- Offers a fantastic work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom to a Vet
- Offers modern veterinary services and facilities to small, farm and equine animals
- Large loyal client base
- Offer a competitive salary package!
- Comprises of a highly skilled veterinary team with various expertise and areas of special interest.
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- Can provide ongoing training and development where required
- State of the art equipment - fully equipped with the latest diagnostic and surgical technology
- Excellent reputation within the community
- You will be comfortable in all routine surgeries and consultations - support for more recent graduates available
- You will always deliver and be committed to providing a high standard of clinical care
- You will have an enthusiastic and caring attitude
- Youi will have strong communication skills and organisational skills
- You will work well under pressure with a calm and confident manner
- You will have excellent people management skills
- A kind and empathetic attitude is essential
- You will be ambitious looking to study towards a certificate or be a certificate holding surgeon looking to progress further
- You will be a team player
- The role is not determined on years of experience and be catered to suit but ultimately the Vet needs to be ambitious looking to develop your clinical skills and knowledge further
- You will enjoy working in a busy environment
- You will want to be at the forefront of the practice help growing and developing the services and facilities provided.
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services along with state-of-the-art technology and diagnostic equipment including:
- Laparoscopic surgeries
- Blood pressure monitoring
- State of the art surgical suite facilities
- Digital X- Ray
- Dental X-Ray
- In House laboratory
- Nurse Clinics
- Salary - Starting from 34,000 Commensurate to experience
- CPD allowance
- 34 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Certificates supported and funded
- Health plan membership
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- Cycle to work scheme
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 6603
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.