£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Lincoln.
This is a full-time role working 4 days per week with a 1:3 Saturday rota. There is an on-call rota which is shared out across the regional branches. The practice is located very close to Lincoln and is close to local shops and amenities and is 20 minutes from the city centre. It is fully equipped and has recently gone through a refurbishment. They work closely alongside three other local branches in the area.
The practice provides a high standard of clinical care and pride themselves on having staff members who stand apart from the rest and have a real passion and vision for how they work. They provide ongoing training and support to all team members through dedicated training centres. All staff also benefit from the access to the best diagnostic equipment such as MRI machines and CT scanners and state of the art operating theatres in this state-of-the-art Animal Hospital.
The practice comprises of a large and supportive team of 8 Vets and 6 Nurses along with non-clinical staff.
They are looking for an experienced Vet who is competent in routine surgeries and consultations. They need to be happy working some sole charge responsibility. It is important that they can establish good working relationships with clients and fellow team members so client facing skills are key along with good communication skills. They will have a friendly and empathetic attitude and be passionate and embrace all aspects of the role.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Full time 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1:3 Saturdays
- Sole Charge: Yes
- OOH: Yes on a regional shared rota
- Branch work: None
- Team: 8 Vets 6 Nurses and support team.
- Computer System: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal Hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled Veterinary Professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI Machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will be comfortable in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will be passionate, motivated, and driven and want to move the practice forward
- You will be ambitious and forward-thinking Veterinary Surgeon
- You will be comfortable with some sole charge work when required
- You will enjoy mentoring and coaching others and sharing knowledge and experience
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available and with access to including:
- Digital X-Ray
- Multiparameter Machine
- Keyhole Surgery
- Isolation wards
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 commensurate to experience
- Holiday allowance: 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: 1,500 3 days to attend
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation Allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards scheme
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.