£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeons to join a practice in Leicester.
This is a full-time position with a weekend rota and a day off in lieu the following week after working the weekend. There is no ooh and no sole charge.
This is an established with state-of-the-art facilities offering a wide variety of modern veterinary services. Their case load is growing, and they now require an additional Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
This practice prides itself not only on delivering a high standard of clinical care but also being a supportive team that not only work together but also socialise together. They regularly hold clinical meetings, so everyone gets to input and contribute ideas to the functioning of the practice.
They offer an excellent work life balance and ensure that the welfare of all staff members is maintained. Ongoing support is available for clinical development and they are fully equipped with all the usual diagnostic tools. This role would be ideal for a newly graduated Veterinary Surgeon who is looking for a role with support.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday full or part time
- Weekends: Yes on a rota 1:2 Saturdays only
- Sole Charge: Occasionally
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet, 2 Nurses, 2 SVNs and support team.
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers an exciting workload
- Certificates and areas of special interest are supported and encouraged
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be a newly graduated veterinary surgeon looking for a supportive role
- For more of an experienced Veterinary Surgeon you will be competent with routine surgeries and consultations.
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatres
- Orthopaedic Services
- Soft Tissue Surgery
- Cruciate Surgery
- Laser treatment
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks off plus bank holidays
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Support towards certificate and career development
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Professional Fees paid
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.