£30,000 - £50,000 commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Kidderminster.
This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week with a 1:3 Saturday 9am - 12pm with no OOH offering an excellent work / life balance.
The practice has an established team and offers a wide variety of 1st opinion veterinary services including orthopaedics and soft tissue surgery. It boasts an excellent local reputation offering an excellent standard of clinical care. It boasts a friendly small team and is a family run practice.
They have state of the art facilities and the practice is purpose built, bright and spacious.
About the role
The practice is looking for a Surgeon who will fit well into the team so it is important that they are able to work well with others. The Vet must have good general surgical experience and be competent at routine surgeries and consultations. There is some limited sole charge work, so it is also important that they are comfortable within this area. There are the opportunities for the surgeon to work up cases fully from start to finish. The Surgeon must also have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 40 Hour per week
- Weekends: 1:3 weekend rota Saturday 9am - 12pm
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 2 Vet 3 RVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a wide variety of more advanced surgeries
- Offers an exciting workload
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Oncology and Chemotherapy
- Stem cell therapy
- Digital X-Ray
- Orthopaedic, cruciate and soft tissue surgical facilities
- Fracture repairs
- Nurse clinics
- Isolation Unit
- Blood Pressure Monitor
- In-house Laboratory
- Salary: 35,000 - 45,000 commensurate to experience pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 4 Weeks Plus Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7281
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.