Up to £65,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a St Ives, Cambridgeshire. This role is full time for 4 days per week, along with 1 in 3 Saturdays.
The practice is a part of a group of practices within the area and they offer the very best in diagnostic equipment to deliver a high standard of clinical are. They pride themselves on providing continual training support for all members of the team offering access to a dedicated training centre.
About the role
The practice requires a veterinary surgeon with a minimum of 2 years of experience. The ideal candidate will have bias/special interest in ultrasonography. They need to be competent in routine medical and surgical cases.
There are future career development opportunities, progression and continual education is supported and funded.
The vet must have an approachable and caring attitude with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1 in 3 Saturdays
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: Freedom
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 4 vets and 3 nurses
- Large nationwide group of practices and small animal hospitals
- Large community of highly skilled veterinary professionals
- Committed, forward thinking and deliver clinical excellence
- Offers continual training with professional development along with a dedicated training centre
- Provides advanced Veterinary diagnostic equipment including MRI machines and state of the art operating theatres
- Career progression opportunities available
- Provides continual ongoing training to ensure personal growth and development
- Provides state of the art diagnostic equipment
- Access to a wide variety of cases including more complex cases to ensure continual learning and development.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years of experience
- You will have a special interest in ultrasonography
- You will be competent in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have a calming approach when dealing with a busy practice environment
- You will be passionate and dedicated to providing excellent clinical care
- You will have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- You will have career aspirations to continually develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will have areas of special interest that you would like to pursue
The practices are fully equipped with all the latest diagnostic equipment and there is a wide range of state-of-the-art services available, including:
- Digital X-ray
- Multiparameter machine
- CT imaging
- MRI scanner
- Keyhole surgery
- Isolation wards
- Orthopaedic facilities
- 24hr care
- Salary: Up to 65,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance of 1,500 plus 3 days to attend
- Memberships: RCVS, VDS and BVA fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Access to a learning and development platform
- Vehicle or vehicle allowance
- Accommodation allowance
- Access to employee assist programme
- Internal courses available ongoing
- Attendance bonus schemes
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13561
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.