£35,000 - £50,000 commensurate on experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent small animal Veterinary Surgeon to join an independent practice in High Wycombe Buckinghamshire. This role is ideal for either a newly graduated Veterinary Surgeon or an experienced Vet.
This is a small animal independent practice which boasts a team of 11 Vets, 6 RVNS and 6 SVNs. Collectively they boast a wealth of experience and pride themselves on offering a wide range of modern veterinary services and delivering excellent patient and customer care. They have one main practice along with 3 branches within the area.
They are looking for a new full time Veterinary Surgeon to join their team. They have a wealth of experience supporting new graduates as they are able to offer the support, mentoring and the environment to hand hold and they have the cases, facilities and the equipment for experienced Vets to thrive. They have also supported experienced Vets through certificates. No sole charge work until the Vet is confident to do so. They have Vets studying towards certificates within the practice and can offer the case load to support this so whether you are an experienced Vet or a newly graduated Vet this role provides support for further development.
The main practice and the branch surgeries are fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities.
About the role
This is a full-time position working a 4-day week with a generous ooh rota. The Vet will receive one workday off each week and this will be the same day each week. There is one early finish each week which is usually the day before the day off and the Vet will finish at 5pm. There is 1 weeknight on call each 2 weeks between Monday and Thursdays. There is a 1 in 6 weekend rota. The Vet will only cover until 10pm over the weekend. The second weekend rota the Vet is on call Friday night and then consulting on Saturday mornings only until 1pm. On call after 10pm are diverted to an on-call service.
The workday is 8am - 6.30pm and this is split between consulting and scheduled 2 operating morning days per week. The role will be mainly based at the main site but occasionally cover will be required at the branch surgeries close by.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1 in 6 weekend rota
- OOH: 1 weeknight on call every 2 eejs
- Sole Charge: No
- Team: 11 Vets, 6 Nurses 6 SVNs
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Independent and forward-thinking independent Practice
- Supportive and friendly practice - provides training and mentoring
- Offers an excellent work / life balance
- Offers career progression with support and funding in further education
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- Provides state of the art equipment
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge
- Focused on proactive healthcare and educating clients on pet health
- Friendly and motivated team in place
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will either be a newly graduated surgeon looking for a supportive role to develop your clinical skills and knowledge or an experienced Vet looking to develop clinical skills and work towards a certificate
- You will be competent in routine surgeries - dependent on experience support available
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- For experienced Vets you will offer mentoring and coaching where required and share best practice
- You will be ambitious to develop your clinical skill set and knowledge
- You will enjoy working within a busy practice with a wide variety of cases
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including:
- Color Doppler Ultrasound
- Digital X-Ray
- Dental X-Ray
- Orthopaedic Kit
- Isoflo anaesthesia
- Dental Suite
- Isolation unit
- In House Laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary - from 35,000-50,000 per annum
- CPD allowance 1,000 5 Days
- 4 weeks paid annual leave - option to take additional unpaid annual leave
- On call - Vet receives 30% of fees rake ex Vat for all work done OOH. 3,000 - 6,000 per annum on top of basic salary.
- Certificates funded and supported
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 7437
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.