£50,000 to £60,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire.
This role is full time, along with 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 weekends. There maybe a small element of sole charge involved at the weekend. There will be no OOH work.
This is a modern and spacious practice which is fully equipped with all the toys including Ultrasound with colour doppler, digital x-ray, blood pressure monitoring, in house laboratory and a high spec fully equipped operating theatre. They offer onsite parking. They are located close to the centre of High Wycombe and is surrounded by a residential area and have an excellent reputation with most of the team being local.
The role involves some sole charge work, so it is important that they Vet is confident in this area and has a good amount of experience. An areas of specialism and bias would be advantageous but not essential. They will be able to establish good working relationships with clients easily and be a strong team player. Areas of special interest are encouraged and supported in the practice. They Vet will deliver a high standard of clinical and customer care and have excellent communication skills.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week
- Weekends: 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 weekends
- Sole charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Team: 3 vets 3 RVNs, 1 SVN 1 VCA and support staff
- State of the art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers the opportunity to play an integral part in the future development of the practice
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly team
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with complex cases
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- You will be competent in medical and surgical cases
- You will be confident in sole charge work
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your veterinary work
- You will enjoy building up your own client base
- You will be driven and ambitious
- You will have ambitions to study towards a certificate
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will want to contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatres
- Digital X-ray
- Nurse clinics
- Isolation unit
- In-house laboratory
- Separate cat and dog wards
- Salary: 50,000 to 60,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 5 weeks annual leave including bank holidays and birthday off
- CPD: Generous allowance of 1,200
- Memberships: Professional fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private healthcare scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13560
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.