Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join an independent small animal practice on the beautiful island of Guernsey. They are open to all levels of experience from new graduates through to specialist vets.
This is a full-time position Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm with a 1:4-night rota.
This is a 99% Small animal role with 1% equine and farm. However the practice will accept applications from small animal veterinary surgeons. Due to the level of support in the practice they will also accept applications from new graduate surgeons.
This is an established independent practice located in Guernsey with four branches in total. The team comprises of 3 vets (normally 4) with 8 RVNs who also support the reception desk. The OOH rota is a 1:4 but is generally quiet. Usually there would be no more than 1 call every three nights when on call, and there is a Vet who mans the phone and takes the call. There is also a night nurse rota so the vet on call will have additional support from a nurse.
- Type: Small Animal mainly (99%) with 1% element of equine and farm
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- OOH: 1:4
- Sole Charge: Yes when on call
- Team: 3 vet 8 RVN
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- For an experienced surgeon you will be competent in routine surgeries and consultations.
- Some experience in equine and farm would be advantageous but not essential
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to establish excellent working relationships with your clients
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- The practice provides a full range of modern services and treatments:
- Operating theatre
- X - Ray
- Dental Suite
- Separate waiting rooms and wards for dogs and cats
- Salary - 37,000 - 55,000
- Accommodation can be factored in
- Vehicle can also be factored in
- CPD allowance
- 4 weeks holiday
- Career development opportunities
- Certificates supported
- Two professional subscriptions
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS Registered & Qualified or soon to be.
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Have excellent verbal / written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the VS Team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 8676
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers established in 2016 and are a Multi-Award Winning Specialist Veterinary Recruitment Agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and act as an employment business & an employment agency for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and Overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered along with our team being REC accredited. As a business Vet Seekers takes sustainability, environmental and carbon impact very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from all the Vet Seekers team.