£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Grimsby
This is a full-time position working 4 days per week with a 1:6 weekend duty and 1 weeknight duty. There is a day off in lieu following working a weekend.
This is an established Veterinary Hospital which has recently had a refurbish. It is in a small village in the countryside not far from the coastal town of Grimsby. They have two location the hospital and a branch surgery.
The practice offers a wide range of medical and surgical services including orthopaedic referral services. They have state of the art facilities including a Digital X0RAY, Dental Suite, In House Laboratory, Ultrasound, Endoscope, Laparoscopic equipment with two operating theatres, large consulting rooms and waiting area.
They have a large team of 7 vets and are supported by a large highly experienced nursing team. The practice encourages group discussions to discuss cases, best practice and to share ideas. They provide 24-hour care and they have a rota for nurses to provide onsite night cover to look after in patients and assist the Vets with emergency calls.
About the role
The practice is looking for a passionate Veterinary Surgeon and someone who is committed to providing a fantastic standard of Veterinary Care to all patients and clients. They must have at least one years' experience and comfortable with basic surgeries and consultations. Ideally the Surgeon will be interested in progressing onto a post graduate qualification. They must work well as part of a team, be flexible with excellent communication skills and a genuine passion for their work.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week
- Weekends: 1:6 weekend duty
- OOH: 1 weeknight duty
- Branch work: None
- Team: Multi Vet and Nurse team with supporting staff
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Established animal practice - 2 branches
- Excellent local reputation
- Provides an excellent veterinary care service
- Recently refurbished to a high standard
- Modern facilities and working environment - bright and spacious
- Excellent opportunity to develop clinical skills and knowledge with post graduate qualifications
- 24 Hour Hospital Care
- Large supportive friendly team
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities with state-of-the-art facilities
- Ethos of family friendly, close knit supportive practice.
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be comfortable with routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have an enthusiastic and caring attitude
- You will want to be at the forefront of the practice help growing and developing the services and facilities provided.
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will establish good working relationships with clients
- You will be professional and courteous as all times
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice offers a wide range of veterinary services and facilities with state-of-the-art equipment including:
- Nurse Clinics
- In-House Laboratory Facilities
- Dental Suite
- Digital X-Ray Imaging
- Orthopaedic referral services
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Keyhole Surgery
- Salary 33,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- CPD Generous allowance
- Certificates encouraged
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.