£35,000 to £55,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a practice in Galashiels, Scotland.
This role is full time for 41 to 42 hours per week over 4 days with a shared Saturday morning rota. There will be no OOH work.
The role offers an excellent work-life balance ensuring the surgeon can have plenty of time enjoying the great outdoors in this stunning area. With close access to all types of outdoor activities such as horse riding, hill walking, mountain biking as well as the city of Edinburgh it offers a fantastic balance for both city and country life living.
About the role
The practice is looking for a veterinary surgeon to act as a clinical lead within the practice and will play an integral part in its continual growth. The vet needs to be confident with the occasional sole charge work, routine surgeries, and consultations. They will be passionate about providing an exceptional service and will have excellent customer service and communication skills. They will capable of leading by example and be able to be a part of a close-knit team. The vet will work within a modern and spacious environment where the practice has invested in both the surgery as well as its people and offer the latest technology so that they can provide outstanding veterinary care to all their patients and their owners.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time, 41 to 42 hours per week over 4 days
- Weekends: 1 in 4 Saturday
- Sole charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: Yes 2 branches
- Consultations: 10 minutes
- Team: 6 vets, 5 RVNs and support team
This well-established practice opened in 2009 and since then has expanded and opened two more branch surgeries. They boast veterinary surgeons with a range of experience and pride themselves in delivering a high standard of care and an excellent reputation for a friendly helpful service within the community.
- You will have 2 years of experience
- You will be confident in all routine surgeries and consults.
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and enjoy building working relationships and working with others
- You have a genuine passion for animal welfare
- You will be dedicated to delivering a high standard of clinical care
- You will be comfortable with some sole charge work
The practice boasts modern facilities with state-of-the-art equipment and toys as one would expect from a first opinion practice.
- Salary: 35,000 to 55,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 6.6 weeks annual leave, including bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance of 1,750 plus 5 days leave
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid, plus 2 others
- Opportunity to buy and sell holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Enhanced sickness, maternity and paternity pay
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 13674
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.