£40,000 - £55,000 commensurate to experience
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Fareham Hampshire on a full-time basis. The role involves working a 40-hour week with a 1:6 full weekend rota and a 1:6 Saturday rota.
This is an established first opinion practice offering a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities. The Vet would be joining a team of 5 other Vets and 6 RVNS and 1 SVN along with a large nonclinical team. There are varying levels of experience within the team from a new graduate Vet to those with over 10 years' experience. The team is part of a larger network of Vets across 4 other practices within the local area.
It is a purpose-built practice and has state of the art facilities including radiography, Ultrasonography, endoscopy, isolation wards, dental and digital x-ray and an in-house laboratory.
They are looking for a Vet who has a minimum of 3 years' experience with good medical and surgical skills. They will be confident in routine surgeries and consultations and happy to assist and mentor more recent graduates where necessary. They will work well as part of a team and embrace all aspects the role. Excellent client facing skills and communications skills are required.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: 1:6 full Weekends and 1:6 Saturday rota
- Weekends: On a rota
- Sole Charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
- Team: 5 Vets 6 RVNS 1 SVN and support team
- State of the Art equipment with all the latest technology
- Offers a wide range of modern veterinary services
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Supportive and friendly practice
- Offers funding for a certificate
- Fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment
- Offers opportunity to expand clinical skill set and knowledge with the varied case load
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- They offer care for physical and mental health wellbeing
- Future partnership opportunities available
- Additional Training provided on top of clinical CPD
- You will be forward thinking, ambitious and motivated Vet
- You will be comfortable in routine surgeries and consultations
- You will have an approachable, empathetic, and caring attitude
- You will be passionate about all aspects of your Veterinary Work
- You will be happy to share knowledge and work closely and aid less experienced Vets where required
- You will be able to establish good working relationships with clients and be confident in all consultations
- You will contribute to the practice with ideas enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services and facilities including
- Emergency cover
- Digital Radiography
- Operating Theatres
- Digital X-Ray
- Nurse Clinics
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Salary: 40,000 - 55,000 commensurate to experience per annum
- Holiday allowance: 5.5 weeks including bank holidays rising to 6.5 weeks with 2 years' service and Birthday off.
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Income protection
- CPD: 1,500 allowance
- Certificates encouraged and supported
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.