We are recruiting a permanent veterinary surgeon to work full time in a small animal role across two branches in Edinburgh and East Lothian.
The practice is a small animal first opinion and comprises of a team of 2 Vet, 2 RVN. There is scope for knowledge and clinical skill set development and the opportunity to work with a larger team in the future.
The role is 43.5 Hours per week working 4 days and there is a 1:2 weekend rota of 9am - 12pm. There is no OOH.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday 4 days per week 43.5 Hours
- Weekends: 1:2 weekends 9am - 12pm
- OOH: None
- Sole Charge: None
- Team: 2 Vet 2 RVN and support staff
- Practice/team: Friendly and supportive team, low turnover.
- Consultations: 15 Minutes
This practice is getting busier all the time, providing an exciting varied workload in small animals. By joining their current team, you will be joining a forward-thinking team the consists of highly trained veterinary surgeons and nurses. They are a loyal client base and are situated in a gorgeous part of the country, hugely supportive of each other and take pride in the strong relationships they have built and continue to build with their large, loyal client base.
- You will always deliver a high standard of clinical care
- You will be competent in all areas of routine surgery and medical cases
- You will have excellent customer facing skills and be able to motivate other team members
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
- Hospitalisation facilities
- Separate dog and cat wards
- Digital x-ray
- Two operating theatres
- Dental Facilities
- In house laboratory
- Salary - 35,000.00 -50,000.00 Pro Rata
- Career development opportunities
- Holiday 5 weeks plus bank holidays
- Certificates supported
- CPD Allowance
- RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Health Insurance scheme
- Staff Discount
- RCVS registered and qualified
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
- Excellent communication skills
- 1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV. Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Do you know a Friend or Colleague that may be interested? VS Referral Scheme: https://www.vetseekers.co.uk/job-seekers/refer-a-friend/
Office hours are 8.30am - 7.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.
We are sorry but applications for this job have closed.