£35,000 - £50,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent Veterinary surgeon to join a small animal practice to cover in Dorchester Dorset. This role is available with either full or part time hours.
Located on the Dorset coast the practice is in one of the warmest climates within the UK close to all blue flag beaches and fantastic scenery.
The practice is modern, and purpose built and is also a nurse training practice. They offer a variety of modern veterinary services and facilities with all modern equipment including digital x-ray, portable ultrasound, Vetair Dental, Doppler, Microscope and an in-house laboratory.
About the role
They are looking for an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon to join their friendly team. The Vet must have excellent customer service skills and deliver a high quality of clinical care. They must also be confident with routine surgeries and consultations with a good level of experience. There is no ooh however the role involves a lot of sole charge so it is vital that the vet is confident in this area.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday full or part time hours
- Weekends: Yes on a rota
- Sole Charge: Mostly
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 1 Vet, 2 RVNs Reception
- State of the Art equipment
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Onsite parking
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player with an enthusiastic and passionate attitude
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Laparoscopy equipment
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- In-house Laboratory
- Salary: 35,000 - 50,000 pro rata
- Holiday allowance: 28 days including Bank Holiday and Birthday leave
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Income protection
- Life Assurance and wellbeing package
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.