£40,000 to £65,000 pro rata
Part time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Dorchester, Dorset
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon or soon to be?
- Are you looking for a role close to the Dorset coast with blue flag beaches on your doorstep?
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice in Dorchester, Dorset. This role is full or part time with weekends on a rota. There will be no OOH work or on-call duties.
Located on the Dorset coast the practice is in one of the warmest climates within the UK close to all blue flag beaches and fantastic scenery.
The practice is modern, and purpose built and is also a nurse training practice. They offer a variety of modern veterinary services and facilities with all modern equipment including digital x-ray, portable ultrasound, VETair dental, doppler, microscope and an in-house laboratory.
About the role
They are looking for an enthusiastic veterinary surgeon to join their friendly team. The vet must have excellent surgical and medical skills, customer service skills and deliver a high quality of clinical care. They must also be confident with routine surgeries and consultations with a good level of experience. There is no OOH however the role involves sole charge so it is vital that the vet is confident in this area.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full or part time
- Weekends: On a rota
- Sole charge: Some
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer system: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 minutes
- Team: 1 vet, 2 RVNs and reception staff
- State of the art equipment
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish
- Onsite parking
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff
- You will be a strong team player with an enthusiastic and passionate attitude
- Emergency cover
- Operating theatre
- Laparoscopy equipment
- Isolation unit
- In-house laboratory
- Salary: £40,000 to £65,000 pro rata, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 5.6 weeks annual leave
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Workplace pension scheme
- Income protection
- Life assurance and wellbeing package
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare scheme
- Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with high street retailers and restaurants
- Staff bonus scheme
- Staff discount
- RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 36338
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.