£35,000 to £50,000 per annum
Full time / Permanent
Permanent Veterinary Surgeon - Didcot, Oxfordshire
- Are you a qualified and RCVS registered veterinary surgeon or soon to be?
- Are you looking to join an established small animal practice?
- Do you want to be part of an enthusiastic clinical team?
Are you looking for...
- A great salary of up to 50,000?
- No OOH work?
- A generous CPD allowance?
We are recruiting for a Permanent Veterinary Surgeon to join an independent mixed animal practice in Didcot, Oxfordshire. The role is full time and there is a rota involving night shifts and weekends. Part time applications will be considered.
They are looking fora vet who has excellent client skills, communication skill and someone who is a strong team plater. They would be working closely alongside the small animal team.
This is an established mixed animal practice with multiple branches in the surrounding area. They boast state of the art facilities and fully equipped to deal with a large range of veterinary services. Whilst the position will be based within the small animal practice there are also dedicated large animal branches which provide services for farm and equine animals.
The practice offers services including orthopaedic theatre, ultrasound, digital radiography with dental, endoscopy and an in-house laboratory.
The position offers the surgeon a wide variety of cases and the practice actively encourage, and support development of special interests and certificates are funded, and CDP heavily supported.
- Type: Small animal
- Hours: Full time
- Weekends: On a rota
- OOH: On a rota
- Team: Large veterinary team
- Consultations: 15 minutes
- Independent mixed animal practice
- Multiple dedicated branches
- State of the art facilities
- Latest diagnostic technology
- Large mixed animal hospital
- Large supportive team
- Offers a fantastic work-life balance
- Provides their own OOH service
- Offers clinical freedom to a vet
- Offers modern veterinary services and facilities
- Large loyal client base
- Offer a competitive salary package!
- Comprises of a highly skilled veterinary team with various expertise and areas of special interest.
- Provides a vast range of modern veterinary services and facilities
- Can provide ongoing training and development where required
- Fully equipped with the latest diagnostic and surgical technology
- Excellent reputation within the community
- Various levels of experience will be considered
- You will always deliver and be committed to providing a high standard of clinical care
- You will have an enthusiastic and caring attitude
- Youi will have strong communication skills and organisational skills
- You will work well under pressure with a calm and confident manner
- You will have excellent people management skills
- A kind and empathetic attitude is essential
- You will be ambitious looking to study towards a certificate or be a certificate holding surgeon looking to progress further
- You will be a team player
- The role is determined on years of experience and be catered to suit but ultimately the Vet needs to be ambitious looking to develop your clinical skills and knowledge further
- You will enjoy working in a busy environment
- Areas of special interest would be an advantage
- You will want to be at the forefront of the practice help growing and developing the services and facilities provided.
- You will have excellent customer facing skills
- You will work well within the team alongside other veterinary specialists and clinicians
- You will be a passionate and motivated veterinary surgeon with a genuine interest for animal welfare
The practice offers a wide range of modern veterinary services along with state-of-the-art technology and diagnostic equipment, including:
- Orthopaedic services and equipment
- Digital radiography
- Laparoscopic surgeries
- Keyhole surgeries
- Blood pressure monitoring
- State of the art surgical suite facilities
- Digital X-ray
- Dental X-ray
- In-house laboratory
- Nurse clinics
- Salary: 35,000 to 50,000 per annum, commensurate to experience
- Holidays: 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD: Generous allowance
- Memberships: RCVS and VDS fees paid
- Certificates supported and funded
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff discount
- Onsite parking
RCVS registered and qualified or soon to be
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
What happens next?
CLICK APPLY NOW or if you have any pre-application questions or if this role is not quite right for you, please contact the Vet Seekers team (details below) to discuss your veterinary career aspirations further.
Please quote job reference: 16128
T: 0333 014 7374
Please note: All communications and applications are treated in the strictest confidence. When it comes to your privacy, as an ethical veterinary recruiter we do not send your details anywhere without your permission.
Vet Seekers was established in 2016 and is a multi-award-winning specialist veterinary recruitment agency (2019, 2020, 2021) and acts as an employment business for the supply of locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry across the UK and overseas.
Vet Seekers is fully compliant with GDPR, is ICO registered and our team are REC accredited. As a business, we take sustainability, environmental impact and our carbon footprint very seriously and have committed to plant trees for every permanent and locum veterinary superstar we find work for, as well as every referral we receive.
Refer: If this position is not for you but you know someone who could be interested, pass this advert on to them or ask them to get in contact with us. As a thank you, we will plant 50 trees on your behalf.
Search over 1,000 veterinary jobs here: https://tinyurl.com/Vet-Seekers
Thanks from the Vet Seekers team.