£45,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
We are recruiting for a permanent senior Veterinary Surgeon to join a small animal practice on the outskirts of Newcastle.
This is a full-time position with a weekend rota and no ooh. The practice is located on the outskirts of Newcastle and is easily accessible with transport links. The practice is also within easy access to the coast so offers the best of both City and Coastal life living.
This is a purpose-built practice which is modern and spacious and has been designed to leading standards offering a wide variety of veterinary services and facilities. They see a wide variety of cases and have a busy caseload and are committed to delivering a high standard of clinical care. T the role offers the Veterinary Surgeon a great opportunity to put their own stamp on the growing client base at the practice.
About the role
The candidate will support the recent graduates within the practice so the role would be ideal for a Veterinary Surgeon who would like to lead by example and move into a mentoring position. They must be competent in all routine and non-routine surgeries, medicine, and consultations. The Vet will perform most of the non-routine surgeries within the practice, so it is vital that they have a good level of experience in this area. They will be responsible for making clinical decisions and will work well under pressure. Whilst the practice is open 7 days a week there is a generous weekend rota and no on call ensuring an offering of an excellent work / life balance.
The Vet must have excellent communications skills and be confident, welcoming, and empathetic with clients during consultations. The Vet must be committed to providing a high standard of clinical care and have a genuine passion for animal welfare.
The right candidate would be joining a friendly and social team of 3 Vets, 8 Nurses and reception / support staff. A competitive package with salary commensurate to experience is available.
- Type: Small Animal
- Hours: Monday - Friday Full time
- Weekends: Yes in a rota.
- Sole Charge: None
- OOH: None
- Branch work: None
- Computer System: RX Works
- Consultations: 10 Minutes
- Team: 3 Vet 8 Nurses, and support team
- State of the Art equipment
- Bright spacious air-conditioned practice with modern facilities
- Offers a wide variety of modern surgical and diagnostic facilities
- Supportive friendly practice
- Offers a good work / life balance
- Offers clinical freedom and the ability to work up cases and see them through from start to finish.
- Practice provides clinical freedom for personal growth and development
- You will be confident in all areas of routine surgeries and medical cases and sole charge.
- You will be confident in non-routine surgeries and happy to take on this role within the practice
- You will enjoy mentoring and supporting newly graduated veterinary surgeons
- You will be a forward thinking pro-active veterinary surgeon
- You must have a strong work ethic and provide an excellent high standard of clinical service
- You will want to contribute to the practice enabling them to stay at the forefront of clinical thinking whilst also maintaining the ethos of providing a high standard of clinical care to all pets.
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to develop a great rapport with both clients and staff.
- You will be a strong team player
- Emergency cover
- Operating Theatre
- Digital X-Ray
- Isolation Unit
- Routine and non-routine surgeries - cruciate and orthopaedic surgeries
- CT Scan
- Nurse Clinics
- Educational Workshops
- In-house Laboratory
- Nurse Clinics
- Separate Dog and Cat ward
- Hospitalization Facilities
- Salary: 45,000 - 55,000 pro rata commensurate with experience
- Holiday allowance: 4 weeks plus bank holiday rising with years of service
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- CPD: Generous Allowance
- Certificates funded and supported
- Healthcare Scheme
- Rewards: Exclusive colleague rewards including discounts with High Street retailers and restaurants
- Staff Bonus Scheme
- Memberships: Paid memberships (RCVS, VDS and BVA)
- Staff Discount
RCVS registered and qualified
Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Excellent communication skills
1 years' post-grad UK experience
What happens next?
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with your latest CV.
Alternatively, contact us to find out more details or to have a confidential discussion about this or other opportunities.
T: 0333 014 7374
Office hours are 8.30am - 6.00pm or email us outside of these hours and we will respond ASAP.
Vet Seekers act as an employment business and an employment agency for the supply of Locum and permanent staff for the veterinary industry throughout the UK and overseas.